[CQ] Cheap SDRs?

AF6MQ af6mq at 1sky.com
Sun Nov 14 21:14:57 UTC 2010

i've been looking at the soft66,
http://zao.jp/radio/soft66ad

theres the perseus,
http://www.microtelecom.it/perseus

these are HF, but both can go wide.
the perseus can do 10-40Mhz spectrum analyzer for example.

something like either of those with a transverter might do the trick,
and i've seen links to a "UHF" version of the perseus,
but i cant find it.

and of course winradio,
http://www.winradio.com/home/receivers.htm
lists a few models that do vhf/uhf and more up to 8599mhz (yes, 8.6ghz)
with their multiplexer/dwoncoverter,
but very NOT cheap (starts at $700 and up)

let me know if you find  something that does vhf/uhf.
i'm ready to try a < $100 SDR "toy"....

--gaspo.