[CQ] [hackerdojo] Would anybody like 100 jail radios?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Nov 17 00:11:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 12:57:41PM -0800, Josh Myer wrote:
> There's a good chance that I'm going to have roughly all of these
> coming to NB, I just have to get them there.  I can pick them up on
> Thursday afternoon, but probably not before.
>
> They'll come in as a donation, and go onto the hack shelf, free for
> people to use as they will, which is exactly Katy's goal.  Awesome.

Note that if they're a donation, they become property of Noisebridge.
IE it's not cool for them to disappear into people's homes never to be
seen again.  That would be theft.

Noisebridge can potentially sell donated materials for fundraising
purposes, or give them out to needy people in the form of a formal
giving program with recordkeeping and so on, but either of those
possibilities comes with bookkeeping requirements and (entirely
reasonable) restrictions on who receives the benefits and the goods.

IANAL, IAN your accountant, this is not legal or tax advice, yadda
yadda.

-andy