[CQ] AR2315 WiSOC ath5k support

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Oct 18 22:04:46 UTC 2010

Has anyone playing with embedded Atheros firmwares (Dr. J?) gotten the
ath5k/mac80211 stack working with any of the Atheros System-on-a-Chip
wireless platforms?

I have a few embedded platforms that I'm trying to get working with
mac80211-based Linux drivers while I'm on vacation so that I can start
experimenting with 802.11s.
Unfortunately, it seems like the AR2315 isn't currently supported
under ath5k or ath9k and I'm trying to understand the work involved in
getting it working on either of those drivers. Unfortunately, there
isn't much public documentation about these chips so I'm still trying
to trick the current ath5k platform in trying to work with it directly
and seeing what does or doesn't work.

Cheers,
jof