[CQ] AR2315 WiSOC ath5k support

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Oct 19 02:59:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 7:55 PM, Dr. Jesus <j at hug.gs> wrote:
> I just set the country code to XX and use iwconfig.

I haven't tried playing around with MadWifi on Atheros all that much
(apart from using it in the past as a normal station/client).

Does it use CRDA for regulatory control in the same way that mac80211
drivers do? I was under the impression that the binary HAL did the
regulatory enforcement, not allowing you to set other country codes
than those programmed in the EPROM on the card itself.

At any rate, I'm not sure the older MadWifi drivers will do what we
need to support 802.11s, since as far as I can tell the open80211s
implementation is only against mac80211-based drivers.

Cheers,
jof