[CQ] HSMM Testing on the 18th?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Sep 13 21:40:54 UTC 2010

Per https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/HInternet#Meetings, there's a
long-range HSMM test planned between Ace Monster Toys and the
Embarcadero.

Is there station equipment, operators, and an Embarcadero location
already planned for this?
I'm looking at the map, and there aren't many nice shots from AMT to
SF along the Embarcadero.

I have an 802.11b/g/a radio setup that supports 802.11s, and has a
female N connector, and I'd be happy to run it on Saturday.

There are several 2.4Ghz dishes/feedhorns at Noisebridge, but none
that are marked as 2.4 Ghz have an N connector. There is one feedhorn
that is unmarked and *has* an N-connector, but I don't know what
frequencies it's made for.

Any good ideas for testing it? One very rough idea I had was to scan
for AP beacons in a couple directions at 2.4 and 5ghz, plug them into
Skyhook, and see at which band I can hear further with :)

Cheers,
jof