[CQ] HInternet

Mark Cohen markc at binaryfaith.com
Wed Sep 8 05:44:44 UTC 2010

Amateur Radio Digital has been allocated 044/8

044/8 Jul 92 Amateur Radio Digital Communications

Much I believe is used by SV Wireless Users Group (SBAY) for EmComm private links between hospitals, but I could be wrong.

Mark

On Sep 7, 2010, at 10:37 PM, John Magolske wrote:

>> http://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/HInternet
>
> On that page ^ it is said:
>
>    The amateur radio service has a good chunk of the Internet
>    address space, and it's not being used for its intended purpose:
>    a worldwide packet radio network. Meanwhile, the rest of the
>    Internet is crowding into the remaining address space and will
>    no longer have any left in the near future.
>
> I'm curious to know more about this chunk of the Internet address
> space being reserved for amateur radio... Any elucidations, links,
> keywords etc. much appreciated.
>
> John

Mark Cohen
markc at binaryfaith.com

Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.
-Carl Sagan, 1996