[CQ] Saturday's test

Greg Albrecht W2GMD gba at gregalbrecht.com
Fri Sep 17 04:07:54 UTC 2010

If I could get the SF team into Pier 54, would that help? It's got
pretty clear line-of-sight to all of the east bay.

FYI, if you google map "pier 54" you'll get "54 pier 48", here's what you want:

http://california.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,2,fid,1655770,n,pier%2054.cfm

http://www.dbw.ca.gov/maps/facilityinfo.asp?facilityID=519

You could also try googling "489 Terry Francois St", it's the pier
right behind that.

-g

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
> As stated, I'm down to work on the SF side.
>
> I'm still not sure where our station will be (maybe the Noisebridge
> roof?). We need to be careful up there since it's not very sturdy.
>
> Hardware I have ready to go at 2169:
>  - A soekris net4801 with an Atheros 5k miniPCI card -- comes out the
> back as an N-female connector
>  - Debian with a kernel that has IEEE 802.11s in it
>  - A couple parabolic mesh dishes
>  - Just one feedhorn with an N connector, several more with RP-TNC
>
> If anyone is interested in coming to SF and has:
>  - RP-TNC to N coax adapters
>  - N coax or adaptors
>  - Sighting scope
> Those would be of use on Saturday.