[CQ] FUNcube Dongle SDR

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Aug 29 00:04:15 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Michael Shiloh
<michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd never heard of this before. You? Seems quite interesting at a pretty
> good price:
>
> http://www.funcubedongle.com/

These are indeed pretty cool. A coworker of mine just bought one and
we were playing with it the other day. We were able to pick up some
broadcast FM and wireless mics we had in the office.

He's used it to receive some weather satellite imagery already.

Sadly, they're only about 80 kHz wide, but that's plenty useful for
many voice and low-bandwidth data modes.

Cheers,
jof