[CQ] Ham Radio Event in Berkeley This Morning

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Sat Jun 4 14:25:16 UTC 2011

THIS EVENT IS ON...
RAIN OR SHINE...
BRING POP UPS, PLASTIC, UMBRELLAS OR SELL FROM INSIDE YOUR CAR

Saturday, June 4th, 9 AM, KRE, Berkeley -
VINTAGE RADIO SWAP MEET&  2011 ARRL EAST BAY SECTION CONVENTION (CHRS
General Meeting to be rescheduled). Regular swap rules apply: No
display or sales activity before 9 AM. Your CHRS membership must be
current to sell. One time sellers need not be members. There is No
sellers fee. Sellers have priority parking in our parking lot. Disabled
and seniors park along our road. CHRS will need volunteers to arrive
early to help with pop ups, tables and the items that we are selling
and with the many ham radio magazines we will be giving away. Please
respond to this email if you can help.

The ARRL East Bay Section and the California Historical Radio Society
are sponsoring the First Annual EB Section Convention. The event will
be held at the KRE Building - Home of the California Historical Radio
Society/Bay Area Radio Museum/W6CF Memorial Station.

     Admission - Free
     When – June 4 from 0900 to 1300 hours.
     Where - 601 Ashby Ave., Berkeley, CA 94710 - (From I-80 East, take
the Ashby/Shellmound Exit. Take the Shellmound turnoff. At the stop
sign turn left onto Shellmound. Go across the bridge and make the first
left into the gate. From I-80 West, take the Ashby Ave. Exit. Go under
the bridge&  make a right turn on 7th St. Go right on Folger. Go left
on Hollis. Go right on 67th&  then right on Shellmound, across the
bridge and left into the gate.)
     Contact – Jim Latham, AF6AQ by email ataf6aq at arrl.net

Planned Activities;

     Swap Meet (No fee)
     DXCC Card Checking (also VUCC, WAS and WAC cards)
     Speaker
         Kristen McIntyre, K6WX – “PSK-31 on iPad: A Personal
Journey”
         Bruce Perens K6BP - Codec2: New Codec for Digital Voice
     Closed ARES Leadership (EC and above) Meeting
     ARRL Forum/Open Section meeting.
     Drawing for door prizes.