[CQ] Mode-S/ADS-B receiver at 2169

Adam Fritzler mid at zigamorph.net
Mon Jun 20 21:27:07 UTC 2011

Hi Tony,

I have an antenna designed for permanent outdoor installation on order.

But I've been using a microADS-B dongle with a cheap mobile antenna
for a few months now: http://www.microadsb.com/

As you can probably discern from that website, though, they're fairly
easy to build with a PIC/AVR. I'd love to help if anyone is interested
in rolling one; I don't think I can quite manage the hardware side
myself. Otherwise I was thinking of getting another microADS-B, or
perhaps one of DL4MEA's "beast" FPGA-based decoders
(http://www.qsl.net/dl4mea/fpgaadsb/Mode-S_Beast_Scope_Availabilty_Features.html).

asf.