[CQ] HF txcvr kits?

Mark Cohen markc at binaryfaith.com
Mon Mar 21 21:05:05 UTC 2011

Hey Jack,

That pfr3 looks like a great radio, and extremely close to the Elecraft model fer sure! I might have to pick one up myself.

Also, as a reminder, October this year is Pacificon in Santa Clara.. Often the NorCal QRP guys are there. I seem to remember them having a yearly mini gathering at the Pacificons when they were held in San Ramon.

Mark
K6EF

On Mar 21, 2011, at 1:13 PM, Jack wrote:

> I've built quite a few QRP rigs, my favorite so far being the ATS-3B by KD1JV.
>
> You may find a GREAT entry-point for SDR with Tony Parks (KB9YIG) SoftRock RXTX Ensemble Transceiver Kit for $74.  He releases them in batches and so you may want to check his site regularly or even join the Yahoo Group.
>
> Don't forget about your local friendly NorCal QRP Club kits: http://www.norcalqrp.org/  They have a few and they're ALL good and all locally available.
>
> Lastly, if you really want a rig that will give the previously-mentioned Elecraft a run for the money, here's a 30band (20m/30m/40m) 5watt transceiver that has quite a number of nice features like a keyer and paddle.  Doug Hendricks KI6DS is local and his quality control is the best.  This is my MAIN RECOMMENDATION:  http://www.qrpkits.com/pfr3.html
>
> 72/73
> Jack, K6JEB
> http://www.k6jeb.com/

Mark Cohen
markc at binaryfaith.com

Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.
-Carl Sagan, 1996