[CQ] Basic questions from a newbie

Daniel González Gasull gasull at gmail.com
Mon May 16 19:07:50 UTC 2011

2011/5/16 Bruce Perens <bruce at perens.com>:
> On 05/16/2011 09:33 AM, Daniel González Gasull wrote:
> Although you are a newbie, it is not that much of a reach
> for you to see how long a link you can create between wifi devices, and then
> experiment with antennas, and then try to make versions that are permanently
> mounted and provide permanent networking facilities.

But I need a goal; someone or something to connect to.  Otherwise it's
too lonely.

Are there some existing mesh networks here in San Francisco?  In The
Mission-Dolores area?

> Regarding your questions, I've heard no evidence that there is a network at
> all.

Thank you for giving me an answer.

> The problem with sharing your DSL is that DSL providers are capping monthly
> bandwidth. ATT an Comcast already do.

I believe my Comcast connection doesn't have a cap.  I don't see
anything in my contract.

And this is another reason why we need the hinternet.

--
Daniel González Gasull