[CQ] Fwd: [Noisebridge-discuss] HAM radio kit/antenna, what is it and possibly for sale

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Fri Apr 19 02:47:19 UTC 2013

Hey cq'ers, thought I'd forward this along from -discuss.

Renée -- if you're interested in learning about amateur radio, there are
some good learning materials published by the AARL. They have a portal to
licensing information from here:
http://www.arrl.org/licensing-preparation-exams

There are some amateur radio enthusiasts that visit Noisebridge from time
to time, and there is also a regular "ham cram" (an all-day study/licensing
exam) day in SF if you're interested in meeting up with some people.

If you're looking to sell what Rubin linked to in that PDF (a vertical
antenna, two power supplies, a SWR meter, and a Kenwood TS-450S), what
would you be looking to sell them for?
It could be interesting to setup an HF station at Noisebridge.

--j