[CQ] EBARC Meeting Tonight - "QRP - Become a Radio Maker"

Jack k6jeb at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 23:20:50 UTC 2013

I just wanted to send out an invite to anyone interested in tonight's East Bay Amateur Radio Club presentation "QRP - Become a Radio Maker".

Ron, KE6RS, and Paul, AK1P will discuss QRP ("low power") and the joy of building radio gear from scratch and even kits.  "QRP" can be a great on-ramp into ham radio if you have a bit of patience, as well as a great way to hone your soldering skills.

QRP is a term traditionally used in CW (Morse) to denote "I am using low power".  In Ham Radio, we consider QRP to be 5 watts output or less.  That said, the QRP presentater tonight aren't limited to low power gear.  See how much you can learn while having fun building!

Meeting Time:  7:30pm, Friday, Feb 8th
Where:  El Sobrante Public Library
4191 Appian Way  El Sobrante, CA 94803

Come one, come all.  Bring a friend! Bring your partner(s)!

72/73  (In QRP, we use '72' as a way to signify 'low power')
Jack Burris, K6JEB
Program Chair/1st VP
East Bay Amateur Radio Club