[CQ] SFARC, W6PW, Ed Fong - Re: city antennas

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sat Jul 27 20:17:31 UTC 2013

Hi Drew!  :)

These are the droi//// ham radio enthusiasts you are looking for:  ;)

W6PW:

This ARRL affiliated club was founded in 1916 and incorporated in 1919.
Membership is open to all licensed amateur radio operators in good
standing and anyone who is interested in amateur radio and would like to
get a license.

http://www.sfarc.org/sfarcmet.htm

Held every third Friday monthly except in December at the Veteran's
Administration Medical Center auditorium at 42nd Ave & Clement Street
San Francisco at 8 PM. See the the regional map and the V.A. complex map
below. Clement Street is located in the lower right section of the lower
map and runs left-right (west-east). The entrance to the V.A. at
Building 7 is shown at the upper left hand corner in the lower graphic.
Upon entering the building, go left and then right to the elevator. Exit
the elevator on the first floor and go left. The auditorium is down the
hall to your right opposite the windows.

Great people.
Unfortunately no mailing list.

[Hint:  You could help them out by getting a mailing list running for
them!]

They will know about the best ways to put up antennas in SF.  ;)

http://www.sfarc.org/clubnets.htm

-----
Also,
Ed Fong grew up in San Francisco, UCB EE, PhD, UCSC Prof, Antenna
Designer.  WB6IQN

http://www.sfarc.org/meeting0412.htm

[I am unable to paste the content from there to this msg, but it is
worth reading - he made his antennas at their meeting. Antenna build
workshop.]

--
http://www.fars.k6ya.org/meeting2005
Friday October 28, 2005 - Membership Meeting

A portable dual band J-pole antenna Ed Fong, WB6IQN

Ed talks about the theory and construction of a fully portable dual band
J-pole which operates on VHF and UHF. The basics of this antenna was
presented by him in the Feb 2003 issue of QST. The advantage of this
antenna is that it can be rolled up and put into a large pocket until it
is ready to use which makes it ideal for ARES. This portable version of
the dual band J-pole will be featured in a coming QST.

You may want to read Ed's article on the design of his antenna (DBJ-2).
An article on a previous version of this antenna (DBJ-1) is available on
the ARRL web site.