[CQ] Fwd: [Noisebridge-discuss] cheap or free hacker RADIO stuf - Sun July 28 9am+ Berkkeley - Fwd: 8/3 CHRS Swap at CSM - KRE Flea Mkt Sunday - Restoration Contest Open

Jeff Luszcz jeff at luszcz.com
Sun Jul 28 21:49:05 UTC 2013

Ok, I couldn't help myself and popped over.

First thing: Google directions will mess you up and bring you back to the highway. Get off at shellmound and take a left to go over the bridge towards the radio tower instead. Check the sat map to route.

Here's what I saw (sounds like it will be there for a few weekends more perhaps)

Big pile of stuff against the west side of the building.
Lots of older vintage radios (think plastic and Bakelite zenith / rca/ motorola )
A bunch of wooden radios and radio shells - various condition
lots of toy walkie talkies
lots of cb radios and cb mics
lots of discrete components
lots of speakers - including classic motorola speaker boxes
power supplies
old test equipment
old gizmos
phonographs
cassette players
clock radios of various vintages

I ended up getting a backpack of ham filters for 2m / 6m/ 10-80m, amazing quality project box with UHF connectors already hooked, and a SWR/power meter for $20

 jeff