[CQ] Filters? Re: Fwd: [Noisebridge-discuss] cheap or free hacker RADIO stuf - Sun July 28 9am+ Berkkeley - ...

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Mon Jul 29 01:59:17 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013, at 02:49 PM, Jeff Luszcz wrote:
> Ok, I couldn't help myself and popped over.
>
> First thing: Google directions will mess you up and bring you back to the
> highway. Get off at shellmound and take a left to go over the bridge
> towards the radio tower instead. Check the sat map to route.
>
> Here's what I saw (sounds like it will be there for a few weekends more
> perhaps)
>
> Big pile of stuff against the west side of the building.
> Lots of older vintage radios (think plastic and Bakelite zenith / rca/
> motorola )
> A bunch of wooden radios and radio shells - various condition
> lots of toy walkie talkies
> lots of cb radios and cb mics
> lots of discrete components
> lots of speakers - including classic motorola speaker boxes
> power supplies
> old test equipment
> old gizmos
> phonographs
> cassette players
> clock radios of various vintages

Did they say how much longer they'll have the free stuff?

> I ended up getting a backpack of ham filters for 2m / 6m/ 10-80m

What are these??

, amazing
> quality project box with UHF connectors already hooked, and a SWR/power
> meter for $20

Great you found some useful stuff!

The wooden radios might be good for steampunk radio art/magic.
Kent there is a long term burner - he enjoys reparing the old radios.

Old test equipment could be good for art/magic.