[CQ] Fwd: [Noisebridge-discuss] United States Hacker Radio. - Re: If Burningman can haz radio stashunz, NB can2 - Re: Radio stations? - Re: Burning Man 2013 network diagram

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Fri Sep 6 23:21:23 UTC 2013

---- Original message -----
From: "giovanni_re" <john_re at fastmail.us>
To: Johny Radio <johnyradio at gmail.com>,
"noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net"
<noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] United States Hacker Radio. - Re: If
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:49:33 -0700

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 02:09 PM, Johny Radio wrote:
> Giovanni, what do you mean "can"?
>
>   * Legally allowed?
>   * Able to generate content?

[Cue up Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers' American Girl. Roll.]

"Can" = "Able to get station operating & generate valuable content"

This is the Unites States' Hacker radio we talkin bout.
Locally produced content, as required.

To serve our nation best, the signal should reach the largest possible
audience in our local area -
the USA West Coast.

Maximum allowable power. Antenna at maximally optimal location to reach
largest West Coast local area. [Mt. Sutro?]

Nothing but hackin booz & Elvis.

An hour per week, Johnny -
that's all we ask.

You can do it, Johnny!