[CQ] Fwd: [ca_aprs] Parachute Mobile with APRS

Greg Albrecht W2GMD gba at gregalbrecht.com
Tue Sep 10 19:25:46 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rob <rtyd at aol.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Subject: [ca_aprs] Parachute Mobile with APRS
To: ca_aprs at yahoogroups.com

QST QST QST...

Parachute Mobile Skydiving QSO Jumps!

Mission 16

Parachute Mobile is a unique combination of two great hobbies: skydiving
and amateur radio.  Our skydivers will jump from 13,500 feet and once
they've deployed their parachutes they will make contacts (QSOs) with as
many hams as possible.  The Drop Zone (DZ) will be at the Byron Airport, 14
miles Northwest of Tracy, California.

DATE: September 15, 2013
Jump Times: The first jump is scheduled to occur around 12:00 noon and
approximately each our thereafter.  We do not have control over the plan or
weather so times may change.  We hope to get in three jumps for the day.

Frequency:  QSOs with the jumpers will be on 146.430 MHz simplex with an
alternate of 147.570 MHz simplex.

APRS: Each jumper will be fitted with APRS that will transmit location,
altitude and biotelemetry.  Search for AF6IM for "Jumper 1" and KF6WRW for
"Jumper 2".  No SSID required.

Live Streaming Video:  Live streaming video from the DZ and from the air
will be available to watch.  Go to ustream.tv/channel/mfwright

Updates:  QSTs and updates will be made on-
W6CX Repeater on Mount Diablo. 147.060+ 100, MDARC
W6SF Repeater (Serra Nevada Hills), 147.165+ 107.2. SDARC
WD6EJF Repeater (MT Oso), 145.390- 136.5, S.A.R.A.

As always, for the most current Mission updates and information about
parachute mobile, go to parachutemobile.org.

There will be a one-of-a-kind QSL card for all those that make a contact.

Mission 17 will be October 12, 2013 in conjunction with Pacificon

NOTE:  This event is subject to weather conditions and there is always the
possibility will be delayed or cancelled.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)