[CQ] Old mesh network gear @ noisebridge

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Aug 11 11:09:10 UTC 2016

Hrm.... I think I may have touched this last?

Years ago (time flies...), Greg, Dr. Jesus and I were looking at
making some cross-bay links, but never got anything to work
reasonably.

We were doing 2.4 Ghz with mesh dishes. NB6GC is the USS Hornet docked
in Alameda.
We were able to squeeze a couple beacons in at the 1 Mbit/s base rate,
but that was about it.

We either need to do something slower, lower-frequency, or get some
more height on top of the roof to really start hitting some distance
shots.