[CQ] SatNOGS meeting notes 2017/07/09

Patrick O'Doherty p at trickod.com
Mon Jul 10 00:03:00 UTC 2017

Hey folks,

A number of folks in the community are gathering together with the aim
of building a SatNOGS[0] groundstation to be housed at 2169 Mission St.

Some of us gathered this morning to get things underway, below are the
summary meeting notes and outstanding TODO items that we walked away with.

Our next gathering will be Monday July 17th at Noisebridge ~7pm onwards.
It's our hope that this Monday evening time will suit people for weekly
meetings. If you're interested in hearing more about the project or
helping out then please do come along! We're also going to document our
progress on the wiki[1]

TODOS:
 * Investigate reviving Peter's weather station hardware to mount on the
roof to gather wind information
 * Look at historical weather data for SF to get windspeed maximums over
the last while so that we can safely assess mounting an antenna.
 * Research the motor types most commonly used by other SatNOG builds in
their rotator assembly.
 * Check out the power and networking situation on the roof
   * Document the power supply points on the roof
   * Estimate the laser's electrical load to understand how much
capacity we have
   * Estimate the power requirements for the entire SatNOGS build.
 * Start a BOM spreadsheet for each component to help gather components.
 * 3D print the gears required in the rotator assembly.
 * Laser cut some acrylic sheets to seal the walls of the rotator assembly.
 * Research how multi-antenna setups might work with SatNOGS

Hope to see folks at the space next Monday!

cheers,

[0] - https://satnogs.org
[1] - https://noisebridge.net/wiki/SatNOGS