[Cyborg] tongue zapping retainer - not so original after all

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:51:19 UTC 2009

It is totally fine to use info on active patents for your projects.  In general:  as long as you don't do anything that hurts the patent-holders ability to make money from their patent, then you can do pretty much what you like with the patent info (which is publicly published, afterall).

So, you can copy the project from the patent for your own use at home (or at Nosiebridge).  You can also take the ideas you like from the patent, add it to your project, and publish the results on your web-page (crediting the patent-holder would be nice).  What you can't do is sell anything that uses the patented material.  You also can't publish your project as totally open-source if it has patented content.  And you can't put out a free product that would interfere or compete with sales of a product with the same patented content.

Mitch.