[Cyborg] Compass Vibro-Anklet Hack Notes (with pictures even, wow) 2009.03.04

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Wed Mar 25 10:34:10 UTC 2009

Fantastic progress guys!  And excellent write-up.  I saw those parts and
could not figure out what the tube was :)  Way better than a straw!

Lamont lent me his breadboard with arduino & shift buffer, and walked me
through it to the point where I actually think I understand it. I
believe he explained that this technique requires 5 pins to drive any
number of motors (only 8 motors per shift buffer chip IIRC).  would that
be useful to you or is 5 pins still too many to use the screen?  Also,
possibly depending on which arduino you're using, there's apparently
serial out that writes output back to the Processing IDE if you click
the Serial Monitor button... here, I'll splat his code on the wiki (I
assume this is OK Lamont!) in case it is helpful.

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Lamont%27s_PWM_code

I'll be in again Thursday evening working on this and would be happy to
show it to anyone else.

Rachel