[Cyborg] Compass Vibro-Anklet Hack Notes 2009.03.26 and Repo/Hosting Question

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Mar 27 18:31:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:25:21AM -0700, Rachel McConnell wrote:
> So basically, if we set up a repo and give you an IP, you'll point a
> thing.nb.net at it.  Then we still need a place to put the repo, and my
> Dreamhost account seems fine for that.  So I made an account, there's
> several hundred G of space, go ahead and set up a repo of whatever kind
> you want.
>
> $ ssh sensebridge at aroundto.it
> sensebridge at aroundto.it's password: (email me for it)
>
> I'll probably have to do some kind of hoop-jumping to get an IP address,
> or Andy can you set it up to point to different domain name which then
> must resolve, instead of an IP?  A dual level DNS resolve, or redirect.
>  Surely something like this exists...

All of the relevant repo systems want CGIs and/or server processes
running on the host.  You can almost squint at hg hard enough to make it
work without a CGI, but not really.  The relevant installs are "hgweb"
and "gitweb".  It's been ages since I've tried doing svn and I wouldn't
recommend it for anything other than a repo on the local filesystem.

-andy