[Cyborg] electrostim!

Mikolaj Habryn dichro at rcpt.to
Fri Oct 2 07:01:51 UTC 2009

I just chatted with one Uncle Abdul after the Arse Elektronika opening
show. He's a lovely and approachable guy who apparently wrote The Book
on electrostim, will be conducting a workshop at Noisebridge on
Sunday, and was entirely open to the idea of chatting with us about
our experiments with red dots and plans to make portable units as
displays (which we have... right?). I, unfortunately, will likely be
either still at Ephemerisle or in Davy Jones's locker, so I hereby
charge you all with taking advantage of this opportunity.

In particular, we'd like to know wtf the normal units are so
expensive, and do they do anything that we can't replicate with a
microcontroller, inductor, and a handful of transistors. Whether
there's any style of electrodes that would be safe without conductive
gel. Isolation requirements for the AC driving circuit. Lots of stuff.

If the answer is 'you should buy my book', then you should buy his
book (for me) and have it autographed. I'll pay you back. Then get him
to answer the questions anyway.

m.