[Cyborg] [EEG] Sorcerers' apprentice (Re: Bootstrapping class?)

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 21:38:16 UTC 2010

> I even find it difficult to approach the folks close by here in San
> Diego; it seems to me that I'd have to chew through a mountain, if
> you'll excuse my Dutch, of red tape to get into a position I can
> actually do stuff AND share it with those who deserve it - which would
> be you folks. It actually looks like I could be getting somewhere useful
> in San Diego now.

UCSD has one of the foremost EEG labs: http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/  I
really respect Scott's work. I'm sure there are others. Also, funny
thing, I found this when googling around:
http://www.job.com/my.job/search/page=jobview/pt=2/key=50789637/

> Agreed.
> Is there a practical way to join forces with you while staying San
> Diego?

I would say that we're perfectly well equipped for the sort of
collaboration people usually do on mailing lists, i.e. you do some
stuff and post about it when it breaks. When you do stuff right you
post what you did on the wiki.

> Jean Rintoul, for example, is probably, by quite some margin, the
> hottest chick at noisebridge (I'm speaking from the perspective of EEG
> hacking, of course), but she's engaged with folks who want to keep the
> best of her for themselves.

I would say that Chung-hay probably trumps the lot of us, but we
really shouldn't get into it on a publicly archived list.

-Kelly