[Cyborg] 200 laser diodes

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 06:06:37 UTC 2010

Indeed!  My plan is to basically hack a North Paw board into doing the
work, but according to my calculations you should just be able to use an
Arduino.  50mW laser diodes.  If we assume they have a 3V drop (the page
says "battery: 3-5V"), that means 16.7mA each, which you can drive with
an arduino pin.  Anyone know the total power an Arduino can drive/sink?
  I'm just wondering how many of the pins you could have going at once...

Eric