[Cyborg] 200 laser diodes

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Jun 4 20:48:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 11:43:34PM -0700, Eric Boyd wrote:
> OK, I've placed the order.  We got 15 dozen, placing us in the highest
> discount category offered, go group orders!
>
> I don't know how long DHL will take to get it here, but most likely
> we'll have them by the end of next week, certainly by the end of the
> week after that.  When we get them I'll send a message to this list (and
> noisebridge-discuss) about pickup.  I'm at noisebridge on a fairly
> regular basis, of course, but how does the cyborg meetup time (Sunday
> afternoons) sound to everyone for a group geekout and delivery time?
>
> Also, buyers owe me money.  I'll take cash or paypal on delivery of the
> lasers.
>
> Details from the order on the wiki:
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Small_Laser_Module_Order

I wouldn't bet on the order getting here in a hurry, but that's OK with
me. :)

By my math it works out to $2.65 per diode, so I get 18 for a total of
47.60.  But we should probably assume that 5% of the order will be duds,
so maybe we should tack on a bit to cover losses.  Thoughts?

Maybe we should build a test rig to test out the shipment?  I'd be down
for helping with build and testing if anyone else wants to participate.

-andy