[Cyborg] rumble vest

Adam Skory askory at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 19:43:10 UTC 2010

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Eric Boyd <mrericboyd at yahoo.com> wrote:

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/03/tactile_gaming_vest_lets_you_feel_t.html<http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/03/tactile_gaming_vest_lets_you_feel_t.html>

A couple links beyond that article:

http://www.k2.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/perception/HapticRadar/index-e.html

"We are developing a wearable and modular device allowing users to perceive
and respond to spatial information using haptic cues in an intuitive and
unobtrusive way. The system is composed of an array of "*optical-hair
modules*", each of which senses range information and transduces it as an
appropriate vibro-tactile cue on the skin directly beneath it."

Basically Eyes in the Back of the Back, but each sensor/display pair is
independent it seems. What I really want to know is what these crazy laser
sensors they're using are and how much (...which is probably there
somewhere, but I haven't delved deep into it yet...) since we had some much
trouble with ultra-sound.

-Skory