[Cyborg] luminex.it

ch_luk at berkeley.edu ch_luk at berkeley.edu
Sun May 2 06:09:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

  I bought my fiber optic fabric from Roman Illumination, which sells the
brand Luminex. It was cheapest to buy compared to the following options
I found, which happen to all sell the Luminex brand. My one complaint
about RI was that their email-based customer service was nonexistent
last fall.

Options for fiber optic fabric:
LumiGram (France) - company specializing in illuminated wearables,
particularly those made from Luminex (R) fiber optics fabric
  Primary products: shirts/tops, house decor, drapes with fiber optics
fabric. Also makes LED paneled thong and belt buckles
  http://www.lumigram.com/

Luminex (Italy) - company that sells fiber optic fabric and a small
selection of products made from the fabric
  Primary products: fiber optic fabric (to designers), belts, pillows,
cropped top
  http://www.luminex.it/index.html

Roman Illumination (Miami Beach, FL, USA) – company that sells fiber optic
fabric like Luminex, but based in USA
  Primary products: fabric samples or special orders
http://www.romanillumination.com/

Email me if you're interested in a list of some artists and companies that
turn fiber optic fabric into products.

Smiles,
  Chung-Hay