[Cyborg] flexible EL in shoes

Tomm tomm.fire at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 22:49:38 UTC 2010

Do scratches show up brighter in your staff?  I've
worked with side-glow fiber optic cable, which is
really nothing more than extruded plastic like
acrylic, and yeah, not too much light escapes when
the outside surface is smooth.

You might try using very fine sandpaper on the
exterior, it may increase the light output
tremendously.  At least, that's how it worked with
small-diameter (1/32" to 1/2") sideglow, might not
be so dramatic with your ~2" diameter acrylic.

     Tomm