[Cyborg] heart-rate monitoring

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 13:51:10 UTC 2010

http://www.kk.org/quantifiedself/2010/11/kiel-gilleade-on-the-body-blog.php

He shares some fascinating data at the 7:05 and the 8:11 mark. I wasn't
thinking that I would wear my heart-rate logger at night, but given his
data, now I totally will!

Sadly he doesn't make his data available to others in any way that I can
find except 30-minute-frequency tweets (useless!!!).  He focuses in the
talk on the large-scale trends, but actually I'm super interested in the
little events, e.g. like the spikes you see in his sleep.  Are those
related to movement?  Does the number of spikes (inversely) relate to
the quality of his sleep?  You can ask similar questions about the
little details during the day - how much of your day could you
reconstruct post-mortem by looking at a detailed plot?  (e.g. oh yeah,
that 11:07 spike is probably me walking to the bathroom... whereas the
12:37 one is talking to the cute waitress...)

Eric