[Cyborg] sparkfun free day

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 16:37:34 UTC 2010

Free day is Thursday January 13th, 2011
http://www.sparkfun.com/news/487

It's not as "free" as last year, you sort of have to work for it this
time.  You can either:

1) Take $10 for each year you've been a sparkfun customer (year = full
365 days).  For me that's since Nov 2008, so I would have $20 free here.
  Most of their customers have similarly weak free credit via this
method, since their growth has been exponential.

2) Win $10 for each "basic electronics question" that you answer, to a
max of $100.  Their servers are likely to be utterly slammed, so I
imagine answering questions is going to be rather painful, even if you
know all the answers.

On the up side, they are giving away more money ($150k), and once you've
locked in your free money, you have 60 days to spend it.  So my estimate
is that a lot more people are going to get free money than last year,
but the average free order is going to be much smaller. I think
personally I'll just claim my $20 on the free day and order more parts
the next time I need 'em...

Eric