[Cyborg] medical mirror

Tomm tomm.fire at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 22:03:11 UTC 2010

A tray app that monitors your heart rate is a great idea.  I wonder if the
time resolution is good enough to measure heart rate variation (HRV)?
 Variations in heartrate is also pretty interesting:

"[...] asked 52 adults to report how often they experienced positive
emotions like happiness, awe, and gratitude and how socially connected they
felt in their social interactions every day for a period of nine weeks. The
researchers also measured the HRV of each individual at the beginning and
end of the study by measuring heart rate during a two-minute session of
normal breathing. HRV at the beginning of the study predicted how quickly
people developed positive feelings and experiences of social connectedness
throughout the nine-week period. In addition, experiences of social
connectedness predicted increases in HRV at the end of the study,
demonstrating a reciprocal relationship between heart rate and having
satisfying social experiences."
 http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=the-neuroscience-of-heart

     Tom