[Cyborg] Sound-responsive dress

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 16:38:22 UTC 2010

Having a sound responsive EL wire outfit myself, I can say that the
sensitivity thing isn't too hard to auto-determine. Analog sound response
just uses a microphone in the middle of the circuit with a potentiometer
(that's the slider) for sensitivity. It would be pretty easy to use a
lilypad plus Skory's recommendation of doing some averaging and whatnot and
putting out an appropriate PWM wave instead of using the potentiometer.

Also, since you are using EL-wire, sparkfun has a couple EL-wire shields
that might make life even easier. Here is a link to the cheaper one:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9259

Sean