[Cyborg] medical mirror

Todd Anderson tanders at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 22 03:46:24 UTC 2010

Hi Mike --

    -- Great idea!  I think this would be a very interesting topic to
discuss from a machine learning perspective.  I can't make next Wednesday,
unfortunately, but the following one would work.

My friend is sending some data from her setup, where the fish are so young
they are still inside the egg.  The signal will likely not come from a
particular color channel, as there is probably not enough blood-cell density
in these tiny fish (~2 mm long) to filter the light.  I'm wondering if the
refractive properties of the moving heart muscles will provide enough signal
to extract the heart beat.

                      cheers --

                             -- Todd

http://www.octotod.net