[Cyborg] rat brain robots

Todd Anderson tanders at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 8 04:26:18 UTC 2010

The only paper I can retrieve in full is the ethics article (see attached).
I haven't read the paper yet - so please forgive the Donny Doubting - but I
do wonder about cultured neuron experiments in general: can we expect
neurons thrown together without a developmental wiring process (which, for
example, would usually lead to 3D connection maps) to produce a great amount
of computational power?  I am quite sure they make excellent artwork, as in
Stephen Potters work with Symbiotica (at the University of Western
Australia)!