[Cyborg] QS talk on Sensors

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 17:10:23 UTC 2011

Hey cyborgs!

I'm giving a talk at the upcoming Quantified Self conference about
"sensors", specially the future thereof as it relates to quantified
self.  Basically Gary wants a twenty minute "survey" of what's out there
and what might be coming, with the idea of inspiring people to do more
sensor-based self experimentation.

So I'm here, crowd sourcing for info - have you seen any cool sensors
recently?  Heard of any novel applications of basic sensors like
accelerometers, microphones, GPS, etc?  Know of any interesting products
that are soon to launch?  Been doing/planning something unusual with a
sensor yourself?

Send me anything you think might be interesting on this front - at this
point I'm just assembling huge lists of stuff, later I'll be trying to
decide what should actually get some air time :-).  Reply on list if you
want, I think lots of people here will be interested in this kind of
stuff, and the more we talk the more likely we are to find the really
cool stuff!

Some interesting links to give you a feel for what I'm after:
http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tech-transport/new-silicon-chips-for-cell-phones-sense-toxic-air.html
http://www.greengoose.com/
http://quantifiedself.com/2011/02/amy-drill-on-sensorysport/

Eric