[Cyborg] Watson Tonight

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 21:30:36 UTC 2011

Tonight is the airing of the Jeopardy episode which features IBM's
Watson against the two best Jeopardy players of all time.

http://singularityhub.com/2011/02/14/its-showtime-ibms-watson-to-make-history-with-jeopardy-performance-today/

This links includes a trio of new videos that IBM has released, and it's
good watching.

I think the most amazing thing about this whole event is how
anti-climatic it feels.  Obviously Watson is going to win.  Yet when you
take a step back and think about what goes into the technology behind
this victory, and you compare it to Deep Blue (the chess machine), you
have to stand in awe at how far technology has come in the last 10
years.  I think we've firmly entered the knee of the curve as regards
strong AI.

Eric