[Cyborg] various cyborg ideas from Daemon and Freedom(TM)

Tomm tomm.fire at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:09:54 UTC 2011

At the same time I learned I was colorblind in high school, my
optometrist showed me how to see everything in the Ishihara images: put
a $0.02 pieces of red plastic in front of one eye (preferably the
non-dominant eye).  This is how I read resistor bands quickly for years:
though I can read them without the red plastic, it's just really slow,
taking ~15 seconds and good light to figure out if something is red or
green.

The Cyborg way is to put a red tint into one contact.  No need for a
high-tech solution when low-tech works great!
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Color_blindness#Management

Speaking of low tech, I highly recommend Low Tech Magazine for the
latest in deep and well-researched articles on low tech, ie, things done
simply with cleverness, and no need for digital control systems.  Like
how to stay warm using clothing:

http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2011/02/body-insulation-thermal-underwear.html

     Tomm
currently wearing ~0.6 clo's worth of clothing