[Cyborg] [Bike-Party-SF] Friday April 1, robot/cyborg theme

ben lipkowitz fennfoot at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 08:31:52 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: SF Bike Party <sanfranciscobikeparty at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:56 AM
Subject: [Bike-Party-SF] Next Ride: Friday April 1
To: bike-party-sf at googlegroups.com

TIME: Friday April 1 – 7.30PM GATHER – 8PM ROLL
START: Civic Center (Larkin & Fulton St)
END: Panhadle
PARTY THEME: Robots and Cyborgs!!
LENGTH:  3-4 hours, riders are welcome to leave early

Join us for the 4th San Francisco Bike Party!  We have an amazing ride
and party lined up this month.  This month’s theme is ROBOTS AND
CYBORGS!  The ride will take a leisurely tour of Golden Gate Park, the
Sunset and Haight St.  We’ll have mobile sound systems along for the
ride and we’ll stop and party at 3 great spots along the ride.  If you
have never ridden with us before, check the information below to be
prepared.

ROUTE MAP:  http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=209709283626440160210.00049ea29876685ec9996
TURN-BY-TURN DIRECTIONS: at the bottom of this post – print it out to
take on the ride!

Stay in the loop:
WEB: http://www.sfbikeparty.org/
EMAIL LIST: http://groups.google.com/group/bike-party-sf/boxsubscribe
RSVP: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=100765946673521
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Francisco-Bike-Party/118246874907825
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SFBikeParty

HOW WE RIDE:

- Stay in the right lane
- Stop at red lights
- Leave No Trace
- Ride predictably and in control
- Roll past conflict
- Ride Prepared
- When in doubt, “Bike Party!!

~~~~~~~~

TURN BY TURN DIRECTIONS

START — Civic Center Quad, Larkin & Fulton7:30pm meetup, 8:00pm rollout
LEG 1 — Civic Center to Duboce Park
exit CC Quad @ Polk to south
right Grove to west
left Octavia to south – stay left in separated lane
right Market to southwest – stay right lane
right Sanchez to north
Sanchez becomes Steiner to north
PARTY STOP 1 — Duboce park 20-30 minutes
enter Duboce Park via the sidewalk cutout at Steiner & Hermann
recommend the playground, beware the grass and dogwalk area

LEG 2 — Duboce Park to Children’s Playground in GGP
exit Duboce Park @ Steiner & Hermann
left on Steiner to north
left Waller to west
right Scott to north
left Hayes to west
left Schrader to south
* regroup and wait for bicycle turn light at junction between
Schrader, Fell, & Kezar
right onto Kezar — the wider road going into the park. stay right lane
and beware cars!
cross Stanyon and enter GGP
right JFK to west
left Middle Drv to south
left MLK
left Bowling Green Dr
right into Children’s Park by Bowling Green
PARTY STOP 2 — Children’s Park GGP
enter at parking lot and take pathway into the playground area
please WALK bike before entering the playground area

LEG 3 — GGP to Inner Sunset to Upper Haight to Panhandle
exit Bowling Green Drv to northwest
left JFK to west
left Hagiwara Teagarden Drv to southwest
left behind the bandshell Music Concourse Drv parking lot to east
left Music Concourse Dr to northeast
left JFK to west
left Traverse Dr to south
right MLK west
right 25th Ave south
exit GGP @ Lincoln going south on 25th Ave
left Irving east
right Irving 10th Ave south
left Judah  east — *AVOID TRACKS* stay in rightmost lane and avoid the
elevated train platform
left 6th Ave north
right Hugo east
left Arguello north
right Frederick east
left Schrader north6
right Haight east
left Ashbury north
cross Oak St cautiously
enter Panhandle thru sidewalk cutouts on either side by crosswalks
END — Panhandle Basketball courts

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/bike-party-sf?hl=en

--
glasser at davidglasser.net | langtonlabs.org | flickr.com/photos/glasser/

--
The Langton Labs private group!
http://groups.google.com/group/langton-labs?hl=en

To add the Langton Labs private calendar to your Google Calendar,
type "langtonlabs.org_eljc3hqm3hav753hdm58rpunt0 at group.calendar.google.com"
in the "Add a friend's calendar" box! For the B&B calendar, "2o9rc7bl4ume0fin7ts32qous8 at group.calendar.google.com".