[Cyborg] stair climbing DARPA robot

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 18:15:24 UTC 2012

http://singularityhub.com/2012/04/18/darpas-new-robot-conquers-stairs/

It's surprisingly organic looking, much more so than ASIMO (who is now
over a decade old, I guess).  It also intriguing to see that it uses an
arm to stabilize itself as it climbs the stairs - I wonder how necessary
that is?  You'd think it would be almost as much work to make a
functioning arm and write the software for using it for balance control
as it would be to just make the stair climbing legs / software not
require it!

I think this latest DARPA robot challenge should be super interesting to
watch!

Eric