[Cyborg] EEG headset for research?

David Molnar dmolnar at dmolnar.com
Mon Aug 27 23:14:59 UTC 2012

Hi, I recently saw a talk about measuring brain signals using a consumer EEG headset. The talk is a little sensationalist but the results are intriguing: https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity12/feasibility-side-channel-attacks-brain-computer-interfaces I'm interested in picking up a headset to look at different questions but also using EEG signals. I noticed that Emotiv has a research SDK. http://www.emotiv.com/store/sdk/bci/research-edition-sdk/ Is this the best headset available, or what others should I look at?Sorry if this is a FAQ, feel free to send me to a web page or anything if this is already covered. thanksDavid Molnar