[Cyborg] Berkeley Bionics = Esko Bionics

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 18:09:22 UTC 2012

http://spectrum.ieee.org/biomedical/bionics/goodbye-wheelchair-hello-exoskeleton

Apparently they changed the name of the company.  I'm not so sure that
the tech has advanced very much though, I seem to remember seeing
something a lot like this about six months ago, although iirc the name
of the girl has changed... the video I'm thinking of, she was walking in
a park, I think maybe even a little faster than the pace shown in this
video (which does seem very slow).  Or maybe that was a product from a
different company?

Anyway, I for one welcome our new exoskeleton overlords :-)

http://berkeleybionics.com/ekso

Eric