[Cyborg] quadcopter TED talk

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 17:22:44 UTC 2012

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2012/03/robots-swarm-the-stage-at-ted.ars

I've seen many of the demos he shows, but there is a super cool new one
of autonomous mapping of an unknown building using a kinect sensor
mounted on a large quadcopter.  Plus the quadcopters playing the james
bond theme song video, if you haven't seen that yet :-)

For those of you in Toronto, I'm putting together a quad copter building
team at hacklab, we're meeting tomorrow from 2-5pm to get started.  The
goal is to end up with at least one VR-rig controlled quadcopter,
capable of making awesome FPV videos and giving the operator immersive
flight experience.  This first meeting will be mostly about assessing
how many people we have, how big our collective budget is, and getting
started on the huge amount of research we need to do...

Eric