[Cyborg] modify vision with electronics or gene therapy first?

Jean Rintoul jean.rintoul at gmail.com
Mon May 14 11:36:47 UTC 2012

Interesting that they have the human testing question on their site as
well. The main risk they are quoting is potential blindness due to
retinal detachment.

"
• Side effects of subretinal injections can include irritation or
infection, in addition to the risks of permanent retinal detachment
and blindness at the injection site. "

Perhaps they can test for retinal detachment in other primates first,
then find some people who really don't like being color blind. I'm
sure there are some people out there who would volunteer if they
thought they'd been missing out on something all their life.

Jean