[Cyborg] Fw: Fwd: Brainwaves

Rohan Jayasekera 1 at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 21 00:47:38 UTC 2012

The missing part of the story is the included app, which is mentioned at Indiegogo but not in great detail because it’s currently under development and it’s hard to know exactly where software will end up.

The main goal of the app is to help people build their attention ability, to gain the benefits already evidenced by mindfulness meditation. When the product goes on retail sale, this app will be complete and will be the main sales focus, much like Zeo doesn’t mention brainwaves anywhere on their home page: their product is a “sleep manager”. Since that is not possible yet, the crowdfunding campaign focuses on the headband itself, and on the appearance of a new platform for developers who might like to experiment and to create third-party apps.

InteraXon’s intention is to take brainwave apps much more mainstream than in the past, which requires easy-to-use decent-looking hardware (no liquids/gels, no ear clips, no stalks) and a reason to use it that’s worth paying for (an app that many people will want). This will be a real consumer product, like the Zeo is, and the expectation is that way more people will buy it than any brainwave-based product to date.

I’d encourage anyone who has questions to post them as comments on the Indiegogo site, so that they’ll get answers.

Rohan