[Cyborg] muscle-zapper forces gamers own hands against them

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 18:36:36 UTC 2013

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21729025.800-musclezapper-forces-gamers-own-hands-against-them.html

I'd love to try this thing, it looks like it induces a lot of smiling :-)

To be useful though I think you'd want to instrument both arms, and have
very fine control over the level of stimulation.  I wonder how precisely
the electrodes have to be placed on the arm?  They look like traditional
TENS electrodes.

The project page:
http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/baudisch/projects/muscle-propelled-force-feedback.html

mentions a publication in the Proceedings of CHI 2013, but I don't think
it's even out yet.  Can anyone confirm and/or get it?

Eric