[Cyborg] electronic jewelry

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 28 22:58:01 UTC 2013

I regularly do a survey of what's out there in terms of electronic
jewelry, and I thought some of you might be interested in my recent
finds.  So here's a list of "electronic jewelry" stuff:

Actually Functional & Amazing
http://www.etsy.com/shop/section9gear?ref=seller_info
http://www.etsy.com/listing/105625269/pair-of-pulsing-red-electronic-earrings
http://www.adafruit.com/inecklace
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/b020/
hopefully, http://sensebridge.com/ :-)
arguably, things like the Nike Fuelband, or Misfit Shine

Functional, but not so amazing
http://www.lumenelectronicjewelry.com/
  (they had a failed kickstarter awhile ago, no surprise in my opinion...)
http://store.rebeccas.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Lite-Ups
  (there is a lot of this kind of cheap novelty illumination stuff)
http://www.adafruit.com/products/1454
  (adafruit has an increasingly large collection of wearables kits of
various types, some of them are pretty decent...)

Non-functional, but still awesome
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Techcycled
  (there are many people doing circuit board or electronic component
jewelry, but very few do it this well)

Amazing projects (which you can't buy)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/led-wedding-ring_n_3328292.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11257550@N04/4084768566/in/photostream
http://pinterest.com/bekathwia/wearable-electronics/
  (there are quite a few good pinterests of this stuff actually, but you
have to be very careful - there is a lot of "concept" wearable
electronic jewelry that is basically impossible, can't ever be made as
designed... but the renderings sure are pretty!)

If you know of more stuff like this I'd love to hear about it!

Eric