[Cyborg] Bluetooth LED/sensor implant

Alan Majer alanmajer at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 16 11:18:25 UTC 2013

I wonder how big that is. It sounds really interesting, but the size could be a barrier - and I wouldn't be too keen on having the rechargeable lithium battery beneath my skin.
Could the unit be make much smaller if a small inductor along with temp sensing chip was put under the skin, and then an optional external unit could broadcast via bluetooth?
Still, bluetooth transmission would be cool if not too big. Here's an interesting article about bluetooth low energy for an implantable glucose monitoring system: http://www.academia.edu/1029222/A_Bluetooth_low_energy_implantable_glucose_monitoring_system